Jalan Bukit Nanas, 50250, WP Kuala Lumpur. +603-20780559

History

1899
A group of nuns,’The Sisters of the Holy Infant Jesus’, who were Mother St. Andre, St. Sabine and Sr. Madeline arrived from Singapore with the intention of starting a school for children at a certain location at Jalan Ampang (which is now situated at the front of the current school). The school started with the total number of 7 male students and 5 female students.
1901
The school was shifted to Brickfields as the total number of students increased to 80. Esq. Goh Ah Gee bought over Victoria Hotel in Brickfields to be used as the new school block.
1902
Student population grew to 114. Subjects taught were Essay Writing, Sewing, Physical Education, Music and Art.
1903
A Music test was conducted and Health Education was taught as a new subject. The textbooks used were provided by the British colonial government in then Malaya.
1907
Rev. Mother St Augustine became Headmistress.
1909
The first Cambridge class to take the Junior Cambridge examinations. Miss Dottie and Miss Chew Lian were the first students of the school to pass the exams.
1911
Due to the occurrence of frequent floods in the area, the school was moved to the current location ie Bukit Nanas. A new building was built in the English Gothic style by government architects Mr. Huxley and Mr. Kesteven to support the school’s ever growing amount of enrollment. Rev. Mother Augustine died and the role of Headmistress was assumed by Rev Mother Tarcisius. The new building and location was officially opened by Mr. E.L. Brockman, who was the Chief Secretary of the Federated Malay States.
1914
The hall and chapel was built.
1923
Rev. Mother Adele became Headmistress.
1924
The Form 3 block was completed.
1925
The first Malaysian teacher, Miss Sobreen was hired. She was the daughter of philanthropist Loke Chow Kit.
1931
The school curriculum increased with addition of subjects such as English language, Literature, Geometry, Algebra, Bible Knowledge and French.
1941
During WWII, Malaya fell to the hands of the Japanese Occupation. Eventhough school was often interrupted, all the buildings were left intact and unharmed.
1945
After the Japanese Occupation, Rev. Mother Adele returned CBN to its original stae with the help of the British Military Administration(BMA).
1947
The Nazareth Building, formerly the house of the Chief Justice was obtained from the Government.
1951
Rev Mother Pauline became Headmistress. She introduced Physical Education to the school. Students were then allowed to wear bloomers during PE classes.
1953
Science classes were introduced.
1957
Rev Mother Xavier became Headmistress. The Art hall and the laboratories were built. Economics classes were introduced.
1958
The Primary school and Secondary school were separated.
1961
Form 6 classes began.
1963
The Form 4 block was built.
1965
Rev Mother Aidan became Headmistress. The Four Houses were founded. They took the names of the current and previous Headmistress. They are Aidan(Red), Pauline(Blue), Adele(Yellow) and Xavier(Green).
1966
Rev Mother St. Brede became Headmistress.
1968
Students were required to join and be active in extra-curriculur activities.
1973
The school PTA was established.
1976
Mrs Chee Phui Lay became the school’s first Principal. The Counselling Program was started by Sr. Anne.
1979
Mrs Indrani Manuel became Principal. The school office was shifted to the Upper Secondary Region.
1982
All studies were conducted in the Malay Language henceforth.
1984
The Facade’ was painted to commemorate the school’s 85th anniversary.
1993
Mrs Indrani Manuel retired. Mrs Vimala Matthews replaced her as Principal.
1999
The School Band was founded. Mrs Vimala Matthews retired. Mrs Alice George became Principal. The school, both primary and secondary celebrated the 100th anniversary of CBN.
2004
Mrs Alice George retired. Mrs Ann Khoo became the principal.
2010
Mrs Ann Khoo retired. Mrs Mysterical Ros Fernandez became the principal.
2014
Mrs Mysterical Ros Fernandez retired. Mrs Nirmala SS Nathan became the principal.